Already discusses is how the web – and the Cloud – can help contractors and customers and make the entire roofing process easier. For smartphone and tablet use, there are a number of apps that can be invaluable to roofing experts both on and off of the job.
Keep Everyone Happy (and Increase Productivity)
There is a handful of roofing apps for iOS, Android, and computer use that can make work easier with one or two clicks. They can do everything from quickly sending project information to the office or client to viewing a home with different shingles before the job is even started.
- Dataform’s Mobile Roofing CRM Application “makes everything from complete work history, project contracts and invoices to purchase orders, open bids and proposals available on your choice of web-enabled mobile device.” In short, all the details that may have otherwise taken sheets upon sheets of forms can be compressed into a secure, easy-to-use application between you and your clients.
- GAF’s website has a Virtual Home Remodeler, good for homeowners/customers to look at different homes and home styles with various shingles and siding. It’s a great way for people to look at possibilities before deciding on a final look and also allows clearer communication with the contractor as he or she can see what the client wants, or the general look that they’re asking for.
- IKO RoofViewer also allows the user to view different colors and styles of roof; you can also upload a photo of your own home to view “shingles, roof starter, underlayment and other products.” Very helpful when a customer is indecisive and anxious about what the finished product may look like.
- When working with metal roofing and products specifically, TrimSpec can help. By speeding up and improving communication, the app allows for workers to improve the “trim process.” It allows for easy drawing and editing of parts so that they can be created to exact specifications and then ordered in a snap.
- The RoofLogic Mobile app for Android provides a number of services on the go, including “real time inspection reports, repair proposals and photo processing, service work, and a customer portal.”
All of the above can help to make your day to day easier and your clients will thank you for making things better for them, too. For advice, services, or for a free estimate for your roof, get in touch with Cox Roofing today.
Cox Roofing is a full-service, certified roofing contractor providing residential and commercial roofing services to the state of Maryland, with particular focus on Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Harford County and Howard County. We pride ourselves on our personalized service which transforms your property into the residence or business of your dreams. Get in touch for your free estimate today.