Replacing the roof on your home is a major renovation project. It requires careful attention to detail before, during, and after construction, to ensure the safety of your property and your loved ones. By following a few simple guidelines, you will be able to quickly return your home to normal when the job is finished. Here are a few tips on preparing your home for a full roof replacement.
The equipment used during a roof replacement can send vibrations through the walls of your home. After giving the level below your roof a walk-through, remove any pictures or other items hanging from the walls or ceilings. As an extra precaution, remove any items that aren’t screwed in and take down mounted light fixtures, like chandeliers.
To be able to replace your roof, installers will have to hammer and walk on your roof. Covering your personal belongings stored in the attic with drop cloths or sheets will protect them from dust and debris dislodged during the work.
When you are having a roof replaced, it is extremely important to prep the outside of your home. There are several things that need to be done, such as:
- Move all vehicles, lawn mowers, and other lawn equipment away from the work area.
- Find a safe spot for any patio furniture and barbecue grills.
- Trim tree branches that hang nearby before the crew arrives. Keep the grass short to reduce damage from fallen debris and make cleanup more efficient.
- Have any satellite dishes or antennas removed from your roof and the immediate vicinity. You will need to contact your service provider in advance, so you can make an appointment before the replacement starts.
Comprehensive Roofing Services from Cox Roofing
Looking for a reliable roofing company in Chevy Chase? Trust the experience and skill of the licensed contractors at Cox Roofing. We offer a wide range of services, including:
- Roof maintenance, repair, and replacement
- Emergency Repair
- Insurance Repairs
- Ice/Snow Rooftop Solutions
Contact us today at Cox Roofing for more information about roof replacement and repair.